• How to Order
• Shipping Information
• Back Orders
• Damaged Items
• Returns and Exchanges
• Customer Service
• Special Services & Custom Work
• Hardware Search Services
• How to Reach Us
How to Order
Items on this website may be purchased 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our secure checkout process, and paid for via major credit card. If you prefer personal assistance, have questions about our products, or are looking for items not found on our web store, you may reach us toll free at 800-950-1047. Our customer service representatives are available Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. If you have one of our printed catalogs with an order form, you may also fax orders to us 24 hours a day toll free at 800-816-8492. We will process your order and send you an email confirmation.
Orders for in stock merchandise are typically shipped within 1 to 2 business days. Some orders can take longer for shipment, depending on the items and quantities ordered. Delivery times will be confirmed at the time of the order. We ship with UPS. Orders are usually shipped from our facilities in Pasadena, CA, and delivery times depend on your distance from our location. You can choose to have orders shipped Ground, 3-Day Select, 2nd Day Air, or Next DayAir.
We charge UPS published rates for ground and air shipping. Additionally, we offer free UPS ground shipping for domestic orders to the 48 contiguous states over $100 with the exception of certain products with unique size and weight characteristics. Additionally, some orders, due to their size, shape, or weight, may require additional handling fees. You will be notified of any additional shipping or handling charges before you order is shipped.
- Orders under $100 – UPS Published Rates
- Orders over $100 – Free UPS Ground on Domestic Shipments
While we try to maintain stock on all of the items found on our web store, we will occasionally need to backorder an item. Backorder delivery times can vary greatly depending on the product, and we will keep you informed of estimated delivery dates. We will keep your item on backorder and ship it to you the moment it’s available, unless you request we cancel the order. We will not charge you for any product until it ships, with the exception of pre-pay special order or custom items.
It is important that you open your box and inspect the items as soon as you receive your package. If you find your products are damaged or broken, save everything, including the box and packing materials, and contact us immediately. DO NOT send your damaged items back to us for replacement until you have notified us. Our items are carefully inspected and packaged for shipping. Items that arrive broken or damaged usually become so in transit. Damage in shipping is the carrier’s responsibility and they’ll need to inspect your merchandise, as well as the packaging materials. We will work with you separately to ensure you receive replacements in a timely manner.
Returns & Exchanges
• You may return any item that isn’t denoted as special, custom, or antique for a full refund, less shipping charges, for up to 30 days after the order was shipped. Returns after 30 days will not be accepted or, at our discretion, will be assessed a 25% restocking fee.
• Antique Items, like our Mineral Knobs, must be returned within 1 week. Antique items returned after 1 week will not be accepted or refunded, no exceptions.
• Special or Custom (finished, cut, manufactured, etc.) items on non-refundable and non-returnable.
• Returns must be in original condition and packaging, and include receipt. Please note that we do not accept returns of installed or used merchandise, or merchandise that has been torn from non-reusable packaging. Returned items must be in a sellable condition.
• Items must be returned via prepaid shipping. We will refund any shipping or handling charges for items that needed to be returned due to an error on our part. We strongly recommend that you carefully package your items and ship them back to us using a carrier like UPS or FedEx that will allow tracking and, if necessary, insurance. Until we receive the items, they are your property. We are not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit.
• Prior to sending back any eligible item for return or exchange, please contact our Customer Service Department to obtain an RMA. We’re not responsible for any lost returns that arrive without an RMA. Once you’ve obtained an RMA, please send your returns to: Crown City Hardware, Attn: Returns, 1047 N. Allen Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91104-3298
We will gladly replace or repair any merchandise due to malfunction or manufacturing defect, for up to two full years. We offer extended warranties on certain products which are specifically denoted as Premium (10 years) or Signature (Lifetime). Finishes are not covered under warranty with the exception of specially noted “Lifetime” finishes.
Covered Under Limited Warranty:
- Defects in materials and workmanship.
- Malfunctions due to manufacturing defects.
Not Covered Under Warranty:
- Finish, unless the finish itself is specifically denoted as lifetime or covered by extended warranty.
- Any products that have been customized or otherwise altered by the customer.
- Antiques, which are all sold “as is.”
- Normal wear and tear.
- Wear or damage related to weather.
- Damage to glass products caused by improper installation or excessive tightening.
- Normal and natural variations in finish. Some finishes, like Oil-Rubbed Bronze, will not look exactly the same piece to piece. This is not a defect and is a natural by-product of the finish.
- Costs associated with installation, removal, or other incidentals.
- Damage caused by usage of products like brass darkeners or wood treatments. Those products are sold to be used at the customer’s discretion.
Certain products may be covered by additional manufacturer warranties. In these cases, we will happily work with you to ensure you get proper support and service from the manufacturer and facilitate in any way we can the repair or replacement of your product. To obtain warranty service on your products, please contact our Customer Service Department to obtain an RMA. Do not ship any merchandise back without first contacting customer service and obtaining an RMA number. We’re not responsible for any lost merchandise that arrives without an RMA.
We’ve here to help you. It’s our overriding goal that your shopping experience with us be enjoyable. Our Customer Service Department is available to help you in any way they can with your orders, returns, exchanges, and questions. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly by phone at 626-794-0234 (Monday–Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST). If you prefer, you may also email our support specialists at email@example.com.
Special Services and Custom Work
We do everything from simple custom refinishing and key work to full blown reproductions from your antique originals. Please contact our Service Department directly, at 800-816-8492, to arrange for custom work. The process generally begins by having you outline your needs and, if necessary, supplying us with photos or samples. We’ll put together a quote as quickly as we can and get back to you. For more information regarding our services, please visit our Hardware Services Page.
Hardware Search Services
Although we have over 100,000 products in our store, our catalogs and web site represent but a fraction of our complete hardware line. We also have direct access to over 300 manufacturers worldwide. If you don’t see what you’re looking for online, please contact us directly. If possible, send us a digital photo of your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Reach Us:
You can reach us by phone, fax, e-mail, or, if you’re in the area, by visiting our show room. Please visit our Contact Us Page for a full list of contact information and directions to our shop.